Home Insurance in Tennessee
When choosing a home insurance policy in Tennessee, knowing exactly what your policy covers will save you trouble if you need to file a claim.
What Does your Homeowners Policy Cover?
- Dwelling: damages to your house and any structures attached to the house
- Other Structures: Structures that aren’t attached to the house, like fences, tool sheds, or garage’s
- Personal Property: possessions, including furniture and electronics
- Loss of Use: includes any additional living expenses while the home is being repaired
- Personal Liability: covers financial loss if sued and found responsible for injuries
- Medical Payments: pays medical bills for those hurt on the property
Types of Policies
In Tennessee, a Form is a type of homeowners insurance policy. You are covered against certain perils (a specific risk or loss) depending on what coverage you buy.
- Dwelling Fire Form only covers your home and nothing else. This coverage should only be used for vacation homes or when no other coverage is available.
- Modified Coverage Form should be used for older homes and will only cover certain perils.
- Special Form is the most popular type of insurance and covers most perils except ones commonly excluded, like floods and earthquakes.
- Basic Form and Broad Form policies cover you for certain perils but not all, so it’s important to know which ones are included before buying.
Contact Buffalo Insurance Group, LLC—Serving Brentwood, TN and Surrounding Areas
Making sure you have the right insurance coverage for your Tennessee home is important. The agents at Buffalo Insurance Group, LLC, serving Brentwood, TN, are here to help you get the right homeowner's insurance policy. We want to make sure you have the right coverage to protect one of your biggest assets and your family. To learn more about coverage options, contact us or visit us at our office. Do not hesitate to bring your questions or concerns to us. Also, try our online rating tool for quotes on home and auto insurance.